Friday, January 06, 2017

How Long?...

How long my candle life has burn,
Without cradle, with deep concern,
Its warmth aflame till late in night,
No star has matched by miles its sight.

How long I gazed beyond the stars
To find some meaning from afars,
Some simple mind to mirror mine,
To look into its eyes and shine?

How long I listened for the wind
To find my thoughts from flurries twined,
Embraced in storms without reason,
From spring to times without season?…

How long I bathed into the sea
And felt the waves fall above me;
I drowned a thousand time till now,
And I survived – I wonder how?…

How long I jumped from stone to stone
In mountains’ crest to build a home,
To feel much closer to the skies,
To find more truths and fewer lies?

How long my soul will feel astray
I hear its sigh from day to day,
Its echoes stir from dawns till dusk,
When I’ll be home, how long I ask?

No comments: